IKEA has opened its 3rd store in Florida, offering Swedish home furnishings and more to its locals. The 353,000-square-foot IKEA Tampa is located on 29 acres along Adamo Drive at 22nd Street and the Crosstown Expressway, adjacent to the Ybor City historic business district.
It is the Swedish company’s 3rd store and restaurant destination in Florida, 6th in the Southeast, 37th in the United States, and 297th worldwide. The store employs more than 400 coworkers and features 10,000 exclusively-designed items, a 350-seat IKEA Restaurant, 49 inspirational room settings, three model home interiors, a supervised children’s play area and approximately 1,600 parking spaces. Other IKEA stores in the Southeast are in Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Orlando, FL; Sunrise, FL; and Woodbridge, VA.
Beginning grand opening day and lasting through Sunday, May 10, IKEA Tampa will recognize loyal, enthusiastic customers by giving away thousands of dollars in gift cards and merchandise.
- Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The first 100 adults (18 and over) in line at the IKEA Tampa grand opening on May 6, 2009 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
- Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 people to visit IKEA Tampa on May 6, 2009 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or frozen yogurt voucher.
- You Say It’s Your Birthday – Visitors who bring proof to IKEA Tampa on May 6 that it is their birthday will receive a $10 gift card.
- For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (under 18) in line at IKEA Tampa’s grand opening on May 6, 2009 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped cushion.
- Enter to Win When Entering our Home – From May 6 through May 10, 2009, visitors to IKEA Tampa may enter a drawing to win one of ten $1,000 IKEA Gift Cards. IKEA will match the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a home furnishings donation to Child Abuse Council of Hillsborough County, a local agency aimed at helping children and strengthening families.
- It’s Easy Being Green – On Thursday, May 7, IKEA will distribute to customers 500 three-inch tropical plants, representing IKEA roots planted in Tampa.
- Play Big and Eat Big (If You’re Little!) – Entertainment for kids, such as balloon artists, will take place at IKEA Tampa from May 6 through May 10. Kids also can enjoy macaroni-and-cheese as well as other meals, starting at 99¢.
This program is not affiliated with Bedzine.